You may hate to invest some extra bucks to your project, but pay-per-click (PPC) marketing is sure worth it. It is one of the fastest and the most appropriate ways to drive traffic to your business. PPC has nothing to do with your forte; if you have a business (irrespective of its field), you can perform PPC to boost your network, generate leads and revenus, and super-fast!
PPC can work wonders for you, especially if you are starting your business. Small businesses can incredibly increase the number of leads and traffic your website is witnessing.
But the question that bothers all entrepreneurs is, “Where to start?”
Since PPC marketing is a vast arena, it sometimes gets hard to figure out where you want to start? What you want out of your campaign? Luckily, you don’t have to hurt your head to get a solid idea; you can always seek help from a PPC marketing agency that guides you from the start to your PPC campaign.
Following the simple and effective techniques, you can take full advantage of this incredible tool known as PPC.
What is Pay Per Click Marketing?
Pay per click marketing is a type of online marketing where the advertiser has to pay a certain amount each time a user interacts with her/his website via clicks.
Hence, it is called pay per click. The fee an advertiser has to pay varies according to the level of competition. In most cases, it involves a bidding system where advertisers bid for the topmost position.
The better you are placed, the better will be the traffic and leads on your website.
Therefore, how much you would have to spend on PPC would depend on what position you are aiming for, if it’s not that high, you might have to pay a few cents, and if it’s the highest, your expense could do up to hundreds of pounds per click.
Is PPC the way for Startups?
There are a plethora of marketing options available for small businesses, but what makes PPC the best?
The answer lies in its abilities; it has speed, flexibility, and tracking. But most importantly, it allows startups to reflect their creativity via advertisements and generate instant leads. Once your advertisement is approved by Google (mostly takes a few hours), your ads will instantly start receiving clicks and turning traffic to your business’s website.
It’s true that planning a PPC advertisement takes plenty of strategies and execution, which is sure if a bit of time taking compared to TV or Radio, but since the ads are approved within a few hours, you start getting traffic as soon as it’s published. Another PPC benefit for startups you can’t ignore is the flexibility it provides. Since every single ad is digitally designed, it can be changed, updated, or altered as per your requirements instantly.
And the most significant benefit of all is the variety of targeting options it provides. Through PPC, you can target users on various options like device type, gender, keyword, area, and age. With an abundance of options, you can afford to target the users you think have the highest chance of converting, generating even higher revenues.
Best PPC Strategies for Small Businesses
PPC marketing is undoubtedly powerful, considering you do it right. Therefore, it is essential to understand the right strategies involved in implementing your PPC campaign.
Things can be eased out when you hire a PPC marketing agency, but that does not mean you can skip the “knowing” part.
So let’s start with the things you need to know, aka, the best strategies:
Bidding on your competitor’s brand name
- It doesn’t matter if you are a small startup or an established company; if you are up and running in the market, there are 99.9% chances that you have some competitors running the same business as yours.
- As the PPC mastermind, you can set your PPC ads displayed when a user searches your competitors’ brand name.
- If you can bid your way to the top 3 positions, you’ll bring your competitors’ users to your website.
Structure your Campaigns correctly
- Any entrepreneur would want to pay as minimum as possible and get benefits as much as s/he could. This can be obtained while performing the PPC marketing, it will not just give you more clicks on a specific budget, but it would also provide you a higher return on ad spend.
- Google Metrics is a popular tool to understand the quality score based on which you can decide how much you want to invest per click. Advertisers who have optimized their campaigns pay a lower per-click amount compared to those who haven’t.
- It is best if you avail pay per click services from a reputed company. They will optimize your campaign and help you earn enormous profits.
Write Charming Ads
- You can’t ever create a buzz if you have no idea about how charming you have to be, and to be honest, why would you pay a fee to bore your users?
- If your users don’t find your ads interesting, there’s no way you can generate great leads or sales. And there are high chances that you’ll lose out to your competitors.
- Your sole aim should be to boost your click-through rate, and for that, you need to create catchy ads that can hook your audience and get you an edge over your competitors.
- Your ads must not be confusing; instead, they should be straight to the point, including any benefits or offers your customers will get if they buy from you.
Protect your Ad from click frauds
- The world of PPC is hugely competitive. It is a universal fact that businesses dealing in the same products bid on similar keywords at the same time, hoping to reach the top. This extreme competitiveness often ends up in your competitors playing shady tactics like clicking on your ad.
- With this happening, you’ll still have to pay a charge while you generate no leads. If your competitor does this on every PPC campaign you run, you will go out of cash quickly.
- To avoid such a situation, you must use any click fraud detection software and shield yourself from such malicious attacks.
Each technique has its pros and cons, which one you should choose depends on who’s pros suit you the best, and also, the one who’s pros overpowers the cons. PPC marketing is one such technique. You can gain immediate, incredible benefits if you implement your PPC strategy right and analyze the market holdings, competition, and your ads’ tone. Once you analyze and strategize everything aligned with your needs and wants, you will curate a great plan to carry out unbeatable PPC marketing. You might need some help from a PPC marketing agency to carry out every process professionally.