Will YouTube ads work for you? Before you ask this question to your marketer, you need to know two important facts. YouTube is the world’s second popular website that draws, on an average, 2 billion logged-in visitors a month. Also, people tend to spend more time on YouTube videos than Facebook videos or even Netflix. So, to answer your question of whether YouTube ads will work for you or not, yes, it will, if you do it right. If you are planning to promote on this platform, you should as it is worth it. But you need to do it right.
Even with 30 million visitors in a day, YouTube advertisement is often considered to be a time-consuming endeavor that needs a lot of resources. This is a reason why many brands stay away from this platform for promotion. Here, we are going to talk about the basics of ads on YouTube and why it can fit the needs of your business along with how an agency of digital marketing services can help you in it.
Types of YouTube Ads
To start with the basics of YouTube ads, the first step is to know different types of it. So, there are four types of YouTube ads,
- Skippable in-stream ads
- Non-Skippable in-stream ads
- Video discovery ads
- Non-video ads
Skippable In-Stream Ads
This type of ad plays before or during the YouTube Video. Within 5 seconds, the viewer gets a skip button. The advertiser only has to pay, if the viewer has watched for 30 seconds or the whole ad (if the duration of the ad is shorter than 30 seconds) or takes any action, as in click on the link or subscribe button on anything that you are promoting.
Non-Skippable In-Stream Video Ads
Reportedly, around 76% of users have said that they skip their ads while watching YouTube videos. Now, for that, often advertisers opt for non-skippable ads as pre-roll or mid-roll. If you are wondering whether you should do this or not, then you can, only if you are looking for a huge lift in spreading brand awareness or/and if you are creative enough to convey the brand message in less than 15 seconds.
In this section, Bumper Ads are also included, the ones that are just 6 seconds long, and are best used for increasing reach and awareness. The advertiser needs to pay per impression as CPM (per 1000 views).
Discovery ads are different from TV commercials, like in-stream ads. They are more similar to the ones that you see on the Google SERP. We often tend to forget that YouTube is also a search engine as much as it is a social media platform. These ads show up along with organic search results. These ads include three lines of text with a thumbnail picture.
If an advertiser doesn’t have the budget for videos and yet wants to promote with YouTube, these ads can help. Display ads appear on the right sidebar with the images and text and with one CTA button. In a video, overlay ads can come up at the top of a video from already monetized YouTube channels.
The online marketing agency you are hiring on demand will be able to guide you to choose the right type of advertisements for you.
How to Measure the Success
There are many metrics that will let you understand whether the ads are working for you or not. But there are three factors that can give you clear and specific ideas.
- Views: The number of people who engaged with the video ad. This will give you a complete idea of the reach of your ad on YouTube.
- Clicks: The number of times people have clicked on your ad. This will tell you how engaging people find your ad to be.
- Video Viewership: This metric allows you to see how much of the ad your viewers have seen, 25%, 50%, 75%, or the whole thing. Depending on that, you will get to know where your ad has lost the interest of the viewers or not.
Why YouTube Ads will Work for You
Now, this is one tough call to make. If you are looking for the specific answers or how you can make your ads perfect for monetizing and getting the desired ROI, only a digital marketing agency in India you are hiring will be able to answer that. But if you want to know whether in general YouTube ads are effective or not, then here are your answers.
- First of all, the reach of YouTube is enormous. Uniquely positioned as a social media platform as well as an independent search engine, YouTube can help you target more than 30 million people a day. Moreover, the videos appear on every search engine like Google, Bing, AOL, and Ask. The combined reach of all is surely higher than any other form of advertisement.
- YouTube rolls out video content. Presently, video content has been considered to be the most effective tool for promotion too. It has amazing reach as well as the capacity to influence the decision of the target audience. So, when you are promoting YouTube Ads, you are tapping on the right nerve of your audience.
- The easy-to-track metrics on YouTube lets the advertiser see and measure the effects of the ads. As a result, constant improvisation is possible with this platform too.
- Also, YouTube lets you target keywords and the right demographic, which lets the advertiser reach the target audience much easily with advanced targeting.
- You get various pricing options and along with that the right ROI. It is like the more sugar you pour, the sweeter will be the result.
So, now as you know how you can think of monetizing your YouTube advertisements, go for it. Hire the right experts, opt for the right type of ads, and sail through smoothly.